Are you in love with your blog?
That might sound like a funny question, but if you aren't, you may find figuring out what to blog about a big bore.
Have you ever thought about a theme for your blog? I find that once you have a theme in mind, it makes it sooooo much easier to come up with topics. And, if you are not aware – it is super important that your target market (AKA Avatar) will like the theme that you pick. We want her/him to be super psyched each time you write a new blog post and we want them to sit down and snuggle up to whatever you write.
We want them to DESIRE it.
If you feel in tune with your avatar, then think about topics they'd want to read and learn about.
Could be themes ranging from lifestyle, beauty, fashion, food, gardening, family related stuff, or soemthing that incorportes several topics.
Action step: Decide now and write down your blog theme:
How are you going to organize your blog?
Don’t panic. Here are some ideas and ways you can organize your blog. I find that if I always write the in the same style all the time, that even I get bored with myself……. These ideas below can help vary the style of your blogs to keep you and your readers in love with your blog.
- Random blogs on topics your avatar enjoys and you like writing about based on the main theme.
- Themed weeks – for example: a week all about a holiday, hair care, make up, clothing, best apps, etc..
- Repetitive weekly blogs – for example: If your blog is kid based, you might write about various recipes on Tues, crafts on Wed, and best kids clothing on Thurs.
- Interviews – This can be fun to do. I love it. You find authorities on topics you write about or personalities your avatar will relate to and record an interview.
- Q&A blogs – This can generate reciprocity with your readers. They can submit questions and you provide the response. It gives you reasons to email them. When asking to put their name in lights – they are bound to agree – who doens't like to see their ideas used in articles? And and added plus is that you are not trying to sell them something.
I'd love to see your blog……send it to me.