Home » Blogging, Branding, Business, Buyers, Celebrities, Customer Service, Facebook, Manufacturing, Marketing, Networking, Nuts & Bolts, Oscars, Public Relations, Sales, Social Media, Time Managment, Tradeshows, Twitter, Websites, Wholesale

January Check List

14 January 2014 11 CommentsBy Sarah Shaw

January Check ListSo the new year is under way……..and there are so many things to be doing right now…….. is your head spinning yet?  I wanted to give you a quick check list to be sure you remember all the things you can be doing (and hopefully are already doing) to jump start your year and make this an AMAZING one!

I know doing all these things might seem overwhelming but if you take small steps each day to stay on task, you'll be amazed at how much you can accomplish.  Try to set aside an hour a day, at least, to work on whatever you have left to do on my suggested check list below.  These things will help your sales, exposure and overall brand. They are a MUST to keep up with todays fast moving world.

Spring line sheets completed
Email campaigns set up for boutiques – sell Spring line now

Email campaigns set up for online shoppers – sale on Fall goods

Contacted bloggers about new spring line

Contacted Celebrities – especially Oscar contenders

Post daily on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest

Check all the Media Calendars – figure out who to pitch

Contact at least 10 magazine editors this month

Build your Buyer Black Book – always adding new stores monthly

Contact TJ Maxx (or another store or flash site) to sell off old inventory

Create Valentine's Day Email Campaigns

Consider a Presidents Day sale on line

Consider Tradeshows for the year

Contact Sales Reps

How are you doing???  Love to know so leave me a comment!!

• Kirsten Reeder said:

Thanks Sarah! This is a great list as a reminder of all the things to be doing. So helpful! Hope you’re well!

• Sarah Shaw (author) said:

You are so welcome. Glad it is a good reminder!

• Kristen(Cute Beltz) said:

Sarah, as always you are right on time, I needed this.  My list is long, but this will help me to focus. Thanks!

• Sarah Shaw (author) said:

So glad!!  Just slow and steady……. :O)

• kylie said:

hi sarah… massive fan of your work lovely :-)

quick question… how do you gain access to buyers???? ive sent emails upon emails with no response… not even a rejection letter… sooooo frustrating…

many thanks

kylie

• Angie said:

GREAT list! Do you post one every month?

• laura said:

A great way to start the year.  Thanks for sharing this checklist!

• Susan said:

Well, the twins will be here in 35 days, but I am happy to report that I am done with half of the list.  Thank you so much for posting it and if everything goes well I will get the rest done as well.  I am adding -starting designing and scheduling fall collection- to the list for myself since the forecasts are out.

• Sarah Shaw (author) said:

OMG Susan!!  Good luck and always feel free to call me about advice for the twins!!

• Sarah Shaw (author) said:

I am going to this year!

• Sarah Shaw (author) said:

Kylie – You really need to be persistant…….. calling all the time, emailing…..staying on top of them.  Send new stuff to show when possible.  They like that.