Interviewing Sales Reps
So I hope you have had a chance to take a look at some of the Marts around the country that I posted about last week. I know speaking to reps might be a bit intimidating so I put together a list of questions you can freely ask (and they'd be expecting of you) so you can sound like the savvy Entreprenette that you are!
Some questions you can ask a sales rep:
- What other lines do you represent?
- What tradeshows do you attend?
- Do you require that I attend them?
- What commission do you require?
- Will you need catalogs or can you print them if I email a pdf file?
- What kind of stores do you service? Dept? Boutique? Mass market?
- Can I please see your contract?
- Do you return samples? If not do you purchase them?
- How many sample sets do you require?
- Do you go on the road as well?
- Do you have road reps that work for you in other states?
- Do your road reps need samples too? If so, how many?
- Do you have showrooms in other cities?
Let me know how it goes smarty!