Create and roll out your own perpetual sales machine
19 July 2012 One Comment
Even though you might have sales reps, it does not mean you should get lazy about continuing to sell yourself. Selling from the “home office” should be the easiest as you are the most excited person about your brand. Buyers hear this in your voice and are often attracted to that over the “drone” of a sales reps routine pitch. If you have developed your black book, it makes it easier to stay on a selling cycle.
Here are some things you can do to keep the machine rolling.
1. Set up regular bi-weekly emails to stores
2. Follow up with the hot leads – those who “click and open” emails
3. Make follow up calls to those people
4. Call everyone on your list who has not purchased every 4-6 weeks and check in
5. Continue to look for more stores to add to your black book.
6. Comb magazines or the internet for stories about stores you want to be in so you can congratulate them when you call
7. Do as many trunk shows as possible
8. Do 4 home parties a year
9. Let stores know about good news (PR) and celebs