Home » Blogging, Branding, Business, Buyers, Entreprenette, Facebook, Innovative ideas, Interviews, Marketing, Public Relations, Sales, SEO, Social Media, Tips From The Entreprenette Handbook

Pinning to Profit

16 April 2012 6 CommentsBy Sarah Shaw

So you've heard of Pinterest right?  Perhaps have signed up to reserve your name but aren't quite sure what to do with it?  Are you totally into it already?  I'd have to say I am somewhere in the middle as far as expertise but I am using it and loving it, have the icon on my website but still consider myself a newbie.  It is totally fun, can be way to totally loose yourself in time……but I am starting to see how it can really help your business gain more traction and get more eyes on your product!

I reached out to my friend Lynn Steinberg of Goodies For Gifts as she has really put Pinterest to the test over the past few months and has already seen over a 5% increase in traffic to her website coming directly from Pinterest…….which gives you more people to market to!

Click here to listen to our chat and learn how to maximize your Pinterest boards to attract your target market and gain more followers and sales.

Quick Navigation Tips for Pinterest:

1. Click on the red Pinterest logo in the middle at the top of the page and it will direct you to your home page where you can see all your friends pins.
  2. While on your home page, look on the left and you will see a recent activity bar that shows you who is following you, suggestions of who you should follow, and you can see who has repinned, commented or liked a pin of yours.
  3. Hover your mouse over your name on the top right corner and it will drop down a menu where you can easily go to your Boards, Pins, Likes, and more!
  4. On most sites you have the option to “Pin it” straight onto your Pinterest board. You can pin anything onto Pinterest from articles to photos from an online catalog. You can even pin personal photos!
  5. Be sure to add the "Pin it" button to your toolbar so you can easily grab any image you see on-line and Pin it.

***Lynn has arranged for a  yummy discounts from one her vendors in time for Mother's Day!
Use coupon code goodies for 15% off of any Cookies and Corks products at Goodies For Gifts

Follow Lynn and stay in touch on Pinterest  Facebook & Twitter

Love to know your thoughts, tricks and tips in using Pinterest……and of course……leave your handle so we can all follow you.

• Andy Mathis said:

I like Pinterest, but I worry that it will become spammy, or already has. I think it is fine to promote one’s products with a board, but in moderation.

There are lots of articles, webinars, and talk about “Pinning for Profit and Sales”out there. Some people are using Pinterest solely as a marketing tool. I think that is the wrong approach to take.

• Pilar Liebl said:

I love Pinterest and thank you for the informative interview! What an ingenious and free way to give your business a marketing boost. My e-commerce Christian apparel website recently went live in January and Pinterest is just the help I need to connect me to wholesale and retail buyers as well to help me market my website by pinning Distant Shores.

It also allows me to see the interests of people interested in my business. Additionally, since an I not only the owner of my business, but the product designer as well; seeing others boards and their interests has already put so many new product ideas in my head! I’m now working on a baby line of apparel (people love baby products) – so EXCITING!! My next stop? Adding the Pinterest logo to my site! Happy pinning and we hope you love for us on Pinterest!

• Katrin said:

I also LOVE pinterest! I use it for both my personal pins and to do some marketing. I have found so many great craft projects to do with my kids on there :) I actually started using Pinterest because it is my #3 traffic source to my jewelry shop on Etsy. Many of my customers leave me notes saying how they found me on Pinterest through people they follow or that they are getting it as a present for someone who pined my piece. So the more people pin your items the better :)

• Charlie said:

Sarah, thank you for explaining a little more about Pinterest. I’ve heard buzz about it lately but didn’t fully understand its potential as a marketing tool, I will be checking it out for sure.

• Dashiel st. Damien said:

This was sooooo helpful. I recently started a board but really had no idea what to do with it. lots of great info, thank you

• michael said:

This is a really good audio tutorial for Pinterest – it is a great source of traffic.