What to do when a celebrity purchases from your website
Ok, so are you doing the dance of joy? This can be a really controversial topic as some people feel you shouldn’t promote this as it’s a breach of privacy – but my take is that if they bought it, and didn’t have an assistant do it under a different name, they are willing for you to use their name. I see this as a great opportunity to get the word out and get your self some press! If you feel uncertain about this, you can always contact them directly and ask permission!
Remember: The media wants to know about this the minute it happens, not months later when you get around to it. You have to act quickly to capitalize on this luck and try to turn it into more sales FAST!
So what can you do to spread the good news?
- Get a photo of the celebrity and put it on your website home page saying they bought the item
- Use the same photo on the item page on your website
- Send out an email blast to your list showing the product and celeb photo with a call to action to buy it. Perhaps offer a special promotion for a day or two.
- Post all over social media – again, a special promotion can help here too.
- Create a “One Sheet” which is a single page promoting the product and celeb and send that immediately to the media outlets you want to be in. Be sure to only list retail prices when sending anything to the media.
- Send the “One Sheet” to your current store list as well your dream stores to show what a superstar you are. Be sure to only list wholesale prices when contacting stores with stories like these.
- Add the “One Sheet” to your Press page