I loved doing trade shows when I first started my handbag line. I faithfully went to NYC 5 times a year for various accessory shows, schmoozed to the max, got lots of orders, stayed for a few extra days going to appointments my superstar PR sister set up for me with editors and went home exhausted ……..but happy!
Have you tried one yet? Thinking about it? This is a great list of ideas from my Experts and ways to make the most of your booth and bring home the bacon!
1. Mail Them a Pineapple
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: People attending trade shows will often buzz through and then take off for the hotel pool. Get their attention before they ever arrive so that they seek YOU out. We had a client whose trade show theme was Hawaii. We packaged up pineapples in bags with their logo screened on it. We attached a funny little brochure about the "Ten Things to do with Your Pineapple" and mailed them off in advance of the show. They had NEVER before received so many visitors to their booth. The feedback was fantastic.
2. Tips for Trade Show Booth
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 1. Great lighting. This could be repeated 5 times and make the list complete!
2. Don't put your table across the entry making people reluctant to pass by to enter your booth.
3. Have a sign announcing a "show special" on some item which is offered at a significant discount.
4. Have "New Item" signs on new products or "Best Seller" signs.
5. Now that you've attracted lookers, make certain your booth number on EVERY page of everything you hand out.
Marguerite Swope of Ivy Reed
3. Social Networking For Booths
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: A super tip that drives traffic & builds connections at the same time: Create a scavenger hunt with several other vendors you know will be at the show. Make a map or "passport" that booth visitors to get stamped at each booth on the treasure map -- each person that submits a completed map (w/ contact info & short survey) gets into a drawing for an iPad. If you pick partners with target audiences are complimentary, but not direct competitors, your booth traffic will explode. Try it & see!
4. STAND OUT At A Trade Show
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Standing out at a trade show is paramount to the success one will achieve at a trade show. How can a business stand out and be re-coup it's investment? (1) Color & Chrome it BABY! Color and shiny things strategically placed can be a draw. (2) Good Guest Service! Always a plus..be on your toes...interaction is a MUST! (3) Pre-Show marketing...send flyers and invitations, make calls and meet people before you head into strange territory. (4) Cultivate and maintain good energy!
Thanks to: Mary Winkenwerder.
5. SELL SELL SELL at tradeshows
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: With 125 tradeshows and counting, I've honed presentations, stepped up branding, and increased sales with these tips:
1) Booth location. Select to avoid dead zones on the floor. 2) Booth back drop. Spend as much as you can to look as professional as possible. 3) Corner space. These can cost more but traffic increases. 4) No bags. If everyone sees your sold product in everyone's hands they'll want it because everyone has one. 5) Put your product in as many hands as possible. You'll sell more!
6. What IS that??
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Trade shows are, by nature, huge, overwhelming and exhausting. For buyers, walking up and down aisles bathed in flourescent lighting, bleary-eyed ennui can easily set in. Their heads turn from side to side, glancing for a split second at each booth. What stops them? A clear message! So your signage better be front and center, the less words the better. Don't make them figure out what you are selling. If they can't figure it out in the time it takes to glance at your booth, they'll keep walking.
7. Death by Table @ Shows
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Have an open booth, that means NO table across the front unless your 20 foot wide! Show booths need to be open and inviting so get rid of the barriers, such as tables across the front! Reserve this are for a fantastic interactive display they have to stop and see, or leave it OPEN! Second, get rid of chairs! If you have chairs or meeting tables, make them HIGH so others can see you and you them. Now you can sit, smile and still bring em in. Oh yes, even after 10 hours, SMILE, tough but necessary
8. Position yourself in front.
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: The first thing we learned when going to shows was to push our table/set in back and position ourselves in front of our products with our products high on the table behind us. Often, you see people sitting in chairs behind their products. We never sit down and we always stay infront of the table/set. We showcase our aprons high on the table so everyone can see them behind us and from a distance. Also, keep your sign from overpowering your table. Save the room for your products!
9. Catching Attention. 7 Tips...
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: First Impression is the last impression. You can catch their eye by:
1. Displaying prominently "A new innovative Product".
2. Old Product at Innovative Prices.
3. Highlighting uniqueness of your product.
4. Wide angel display. Buyer should catch details at one scan....art of decorating.
5. Having few items but significantly different from each other.
6. Avoiding over crowding- Trade fair is not a shop or showroom.
7. being personally attentive to answer any query.
10. Show Your Credentials
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Make it loud and clear who you are to show you are worth seeing.
Note any big recent and past media coverage.
Highlight the best things you are showcasing.
Highlight why they should choose you.
Let an expert tell them what to think.
11. Mardi Gras!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: The inspiration for my Handcrafted Jewelry Boutique is Mardi Gras. The 5 things that make my booth stand out at a tradeshow are as follows: 1) the booth decor is festive like carnivale. 2) The Handcrafted Jewelry collection is unique and colorful to capture the eye 3) The event is promoted through email marketing, social media, and my personal blog, 4) A special promotion is offered, and 5)Customer Service with a smile.
12. Attract kids--parents follow
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: These strategies worked well for a recent Baby and Kids expo:
Bring along a child-sized table and chairs.
Set a basket of Hershey's chocolate miniatures on it.
Set out a basket of crayons and some coloring pages.
Display books upright on clear plastic display stands.
Don't be afraid to step outside of the booth to greet people.
13. Be Dynamic and Engage!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 1) Personal Story. People relate to compelling stories. It could be yours as founder or one of your clients.
2) People. What makes your booth special is the dynamism of the people. Are they up and engaged, or sitting absorbed in their computer?
3) Words. If a word is important to your brand, post it up under your logo, in 6 inch letters.
4) Simplicity. Pick 1-3 points to communicate.
5) Self-demonstration. Let people take a demonstration, to experience your service firsthand!
14. Trade Show Display Tips
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: -Signage is key to attracting attention & drawing people in. Make sure the lettering is clear & printed in red, black or blue (avoid yellow, brown or orange)
-Mirrors always catch people's eyes...everyone likes to check out their own reflection!
-A raffle jar or bucket with the offer of winning a prize will capture people's attention (& their email address!)
-Bright carpeting at entrance of booth
-Large, attractive images of your products
15. KISS - The Old Saying IS True
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Keep It Simple******! Our Creative Director compared numerous booths at Intn'l Toy Fair and determined what stood out consistently were certain characteristics. Bright Colors, Simple Design, Eliminate Clutter, Eliminate the "Must put everything we do" on the banners.
Let your design attract people to your booth and then you can sell them on your concept. No Shelves of Product.I am proud to offer pics of our booth design for anyone interested 8X18' for under $4,000 and sets up in 10 minutes.
16. Booth Design to Attract Sales!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Four years ago, as a new author and a first-time vendor, I was excited. However, my excitement soon diminished as did sales. A marketing expert with design talent, suggested:
1. Place books in a spiral stack to catch attention
2. Purchase a PopUpStand.com with my logo & company info
3. Obtain plastic business card, book & flyer holders to stand upright (book goes on top of spiral stack)
4. Create professional takeaways
5. Have "Call Me" sheet to follow-up
Sales have since soared!
17. Best Booth...ALWAYS!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Want to attract the most show goers? Get only qualified leads? SIMPLE! Education! Set up a speaker system. Have a 6 min educational presentation every 20 mins on the hour. DO NOT SELL educate. Tell them something they NEED to know before doing business with you. Give tickets for “the next show”. The people who stay and listen to your talk can enter a draw and you let them know that you WILL CALL THEM. The “draw” form is a survey they must fill out. Only the SERIOUS will do ALL that.
18. Do Unexpected Well
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 1. staff wears a uniform look: white shirts + black pants + printed name tags
2. cost effective give aways: custom printed water bottles + snacks
3. unexpected stylish touches: fresh flowers add a natural element
4. offer calm booth design: use soothing spa colors for backdrops and simple modern fonts in darker colors to contrast
5. banners with clear signage: state your irresistible offer for a bundle of your goods/services at a sale price available only for the show's duration
19. Location, Location, Location
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: My 5 Tips to stand out at a tradeshow
1. Location - Put my booth in an area that has a lot of foot traffic. Most people are right handed they will go to the right side of venue first. Best place to put your booth.
2. Bright color banners on the booth. People respond to color.
3. Bright Balloons - children will pull their parents to the booth.
4. Laptop with video, people will stop to watch a video - Short commercials or teasers.
5. Give Aways, people love free stuff.
20. Stand up and Stand out!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 1. One of the most important things you can do at a trade show is stand in front of your table and not sit behind it! Greet people who are walking by with a small and hand them a brochure.
2. Use a colored table cloth that matches your "business colors"
3. Don't have to much clutter on your table
4. Use stand up props, so everything is not laying flat on your table
5. Have high quality candy and samples that are different maybe rulers, sticky note pads, notebooks, or coffee mugs
21. Travel in Groups
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: People are attracted to booths that already have people in them, so hire a couple of friends for the day to stop by your booth and look engaged in your products or service. Ask other booth members to pay you a visit during their breaks. It's amazing how warm bodies will attract more warm bodies!
22. Have fun!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Tradeshows allow us to interact with our customers; promote new products; network with colleagues; get the latest updates on industry trends & stay on top of our competition. So how do you stand out at a tradeshow...creative contests! Attendees remember fun events, so promote a putting contest or a wheel of chance that allows your attendees to have fun & win a prize. Give away practical prizes that promote your company’s name, website & phone # and these prizes will keep you top of mind.
23. Keep it simple.
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: We focus on one main message or theme, and create our booth display and collateral around that. If you can’t be clear or you say too much about your company, you’ll have trouble selling your product or service to your customers. Pick a compact and cohesive sales and marketing strategy and communicate it through your booth design, printed materials, sales pitch; everything. Oh, and put out some fresh flowers; they look great.
24. Go for a Wider Booth
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Most trade shows price booths by the square foot, and usually in a 10x10 or 9x10 ft. dimension. However sometimes one can get a wider, but not so deep a booth, there might a structural column taking up some space, for the same price.
Why this is desirable? When buyers are walking down the aisles, they tend to look one way, take 3 or 4 steps and then turn to look the other way. They are almost always past the booth that was across the aisle from the first booth.
25. Attract the Crows
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: As a travel consultant, I do a lot of booths and in my former life as a hand bag designer too. 1) Always wear a sporty looking hat--even people who would never wear a cute hat like it if you do. 2) Get a crowd of your friends to walk around with your giveaway bag, a matching hat if possible, and a shirt with your logo on it. 3) Get people you know to stand in your booth and look interested 4) Have scrapbooks with real people using your stuff 5) Smile until your teeth hurt!
26. Stand out at a trade show!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Of course you need a beautifully designed booth that is uncluttered, well-merchandised & shows off your products to their best advantage. But what really makes a booth stand out is the attitude of the personnel - customer service is everything! Don't stand around with arms crossed - it looks closed off and unwelcoming. Uncross your arms, look relaxed and happy - and come up with a genuine smile. Believe me, it goes a long way. Another thing is - don't eat in the booth! It's totally off-putting.
27. Tool Box for Tradeshows
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: I once was a Trade Show Junkie! After each show I would make a list of items that I didn't have and items that I took that I didn't need. So here are my tips:
1. Small Tool box with duct tape, masking tape, a Leatherman, small hammer, bottle of advill, a needle & thread, band-aids and breath mints!
2. Enough Business cards for all staff manning the booth
3. Divide give aways into daily batches
4. Write down on the back of BCs something about the person that you will remember them by.
28. We work all the angles
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: We work all the angles, new product and unique packaging,a new booth design for each season, but retaining a flavor of last season's booth in order for our existing customers to recognize us. The new flair, is for attracting new customers and we work in the 'who, what, why and how' scenario when attempting to meet this criteria. Are we trying to attract a new demographic? Yes! Large format black and white photographs, to catch the eye of the ever fleeting buyer.
And it works.
29. Making B2B Software Exciting
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 1) Eliminate the "us vs. them" set up at most trade show booths. Nobody wants to be separated from the person they're talking to by a table.
2) Make your booth a place people want to hang out: decor matters
3) Wear fun costumes! No more lame branded t-shirts and hats
4) Take off your salesperson hat. Ask for a business card and you can make your sales pitch later.
5) Cool swag: screen cleaners, lip balm, something useful. Paper handouts will get tossed.
30. Bring the Other Vendors To You
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Our goal is to get all the other booth owners to visit us. Before the show we print postcards that say, "You'll be shaking a ton of hands today. Go back to your office with a lot of leads, but not a cold. Stop by the ResuMAYDAY booth and get a free bottle of hand sanitizer!"
We always get a great response, and their contact information is collected for follow-up. This extra stream of potential clients keep us so busy that we rarely get a chance to walk around to the other booths ourselves!
31. Smile with Purpose
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Your trade show booth doesn't have to be large and elaborate, it still be successful by following a few simple rules. Know your purpose and have specific goals. Keep the space open instead of blocking it off with a table, this keeps people from wanting to enter. Do not sit in a chair all day, stand at the front of the space and greet those that come by with a smile. Banners are great to get alot of information in a small space but use the lights, it makes everything stand out.
32. Magical Tips
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Have a live entertainer who is an expert at gathering large crowds at your booth
Make sure that the key 3 - 5 marketing and sales slogans that separate your company / product are incorporated into the live entertainment.
Make sure that the entertainers / show qualifies leads throughout the show and tells them who the proper contacts are in your booth to follow up with
Part of the presentation should include a high energy and fun section where the attendees share their informatio
33. Invoke the Five Senses
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 1) Select your exhibit booth early so that you can have one of the more prominent places on the trade show floor. Consider a corner booth near the entrance and exits. 2) Make sure your trade show booth is designed with clean, simple and bold elements that will draw one's attention. 3) Incorporate a scent machine that not only brands your product and services, but one that will attract attendees. 4) Make it interactive and experiential. 5) Be proactive and wrangle attendees to your booth.
34. Make it easy to stop
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 1. Extra chairs. Conference attendees walk around all day. Provide a place to relax and the attendees will appreciate it & stop
2. Easy to read signs ith catch phrases. Even on plain poster board, people will stop to read it - giving you time to chat
3. Do homework. Send out letters before hand to attendees and call them. Build relationships before you walk in the door
4. Have fun. Have a good time and be attentive to those you are speaking to - others notice it and stop.
35. Tradeshow Tips
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: * Stand in front of the table, engage people - smile, exude lots of energy
* Give something away - eg a pen with your company's name & website
* People love videos - great when you are away from your booth
* Create a game or a demonstration about something even if it has nothing to do with your company - eg a ball maze - people love to watch the balls go through the maze. It creates "buzz".
* Create fun and energy around your booth - a mascot, a clown, give away great fake tattoos,etc
36. Tempting Treats
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Most show attendees have been sitting in seminars prior to their arrival on the show floor. Offer a selection of sweet or salty treats to get their energy going.
Make your selections self- serve, with small to-go bags. This way attendees have to stop and engage with a company representative while they are scooping up their favorite treats. Enjoy!
Jeanette Elliott of Ooyala
37. Your Company In One Blink
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: The top of your booth signage should have your company name and the handful of words someone would type into a search engine to find your products.
Attendees are dodging the crowds and trying to give your signage at least one blink. At the next trade show go to all the other booths and at each, blink your eyes open and then closed. Ask yourself if you have a clue what each company is selling.
Finally blink at your booth. You will know if your signage is pointless or on target.
Kee Nethery of Kagi
38. Terrific Tips for Trade Shows
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 1.Make a lighted sign. Drill holes in a board and insert Christmas lights from the back. "Write" your name with lights. Flashing lights grab attention.
2.Hand outs (candy) are a great ice breaker and conversation starter. Put name/ phone# on them.
3.Drawings are a great way to collect contact info for future sales.
4.Demonstrate your product. People will stop to watch and ask questions.
5.DO NOT sit back. Stand up front so you will appear approachable. SMILE, be friendly, and have FUN.
39. Unique Booth Drawing Item
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Offer “sugar free” candy. Or opt for anything healthy, individually wrapped.
NEVER point with ONE finger-ALWAYS use at least two fingers (held together) or all fingers (like an open hand). One finger pointing is very offensive to some cultures.
Make points with parents, be certain to acknowledge their child. Get down on their level, don’t stand towering over them.
Research the demographics of the “expected” attendees; disabilities, cultures, and prepare for them.
40. Capture Qualified Leads
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: The trade shows we do have scanners available for a $250 fee. We ask permission to scan the bar code on the badge of each interested prospect. We also code the product(s) in which the person is interested. An Excel spreadsheet is e-mailed to us with complete contact information and interests of all qualified prospects. The scanner is much faster and easier than getting business cards (if available) and making written notes. Just one extra sale more than covers the scanner fee!
41. My BEST Tradeshow Tips
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: These ALWAYS work for me:
1) A bright, colorful poster.
2) Product review, promotional literature.
3) Sample pages, sample product.
4) Giveaway bowl where you collect business cards
5) Interactive demos.
42. Bring them into your world
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: (1) Break the grid. Lay out your booth on an angle. (2) Say one thing and say it well. Eliminate everything in your booth that does not present the same simple message -- that includes posters, people and products. (3) Give 'em a seat. We like to offer bar stools and a counter. (4) Ask a leading question -- unexpectedly start a conversation. (5) Lose the clutter. These poor attendees are visually exhausted. Give them an island of calm - they'll thank you!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Invite Influencers and Press to Your Booth for Special Previews - Don't brief people over the whole show in the press room alone, invite them to an announcement at a known peak time early on the first day. Everyone will wonder what all these important people were doing there!
Never Leave Your Booth Unattended - Sounds obvious, but you wouldn't believe how often I see an empty booth at the show hours before the closing of the expo hall for a day. Nothing looks worse than an empty booth!
44. Too tall to ignore!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Hire a professional stilt performer! Their first goal is to stop traffic! Nothing does that better than a nine foot stilt performer! Your second goal is to keep traffic moving . . . can't block the aisle! Give them one or two qualifying questions to ask, and after stopping traffic, they can direct folks to the experts in your booth. The rest of the folks will continue on their way. Use a theme to get your message. "Thrive, not just survive" works well. Use Survivor costuming and props.
45. Top Three Tips
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Let them play! Offering a game always draws a crowd. Proven ideas include: Wii consoles, hole-in-one golf contests and scavenger hunts.
Eat, drink and be merry! Offering refreshments is a welcome reprieve for walking-weary attendees. You never know who might stop in for a cup of coffee.
Get the word out! Pre-show e-mails can result in high quality visitors - especially when the messaging can pique the curiosity of prospects about what they will experience in your booth.
46. STAND out AND DELIVER!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 5) Go green! It may be cliche, but attendees & organizers notice if you are ecologically conscience. 4) Keep clutter to a minimum & do not over pack the booth with items & staff. 3) A smile goes a long way! Friendly & informative booth staff are inviting & make a lasting impression. 2) Being able to interact & physically see or work with products & services are always a crowd pleaser. 1) Conduct preshow/event buzz with direct & indirect marketing efforts to help drive traffic & peak interest
47. Woo the Senses
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Woo your prospects with an an assault on the senses. Emotion - set a scene to say who you are without saying a word. Keep it simple, lead with your core truth/strength with bold graphics. Don't forget music and lighting to set the mood and flooring will make you stand apart from the rest. Fun - everyone loves to play, use a game and offer prizes to capture leads. Motion - use video or projected PowerPoint to attract attention. Smell & Taste - nothing better than popcorn popping to draw a crowd.
48. Experientialize your booth
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Use experiential marketing to bring a booth and its products to life. Lighting, music, graphics are inviting, but the products you sell need to be presented in experiential ways too.
Leverage technology that lets prospects interact with features they want. Interactive 3D, for example, lets customers rotate, zoom, see internal mechanics, even learn of product maintenance.
With experiential efforts, a sales process is turned from a passive one, to an active, dynamic one at the booth.
49. Tradeshows, easier than dating
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Look good. Like your momma always said, first impressions are crucial. Your booth must not only stand out, but also present your company in a professional, distinctive way. It needs to stand out for the right reasons. You don’t want your booth to be voted worst dressed.
Flirt. Don’t give it all away up front. Lure your clients to your booth with just enough information to get them to come to you. If your booth says it all, you lose the opportunity to sell on a personal level.
50. Relationships RULE!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: • Meet the person running the exhibit hall and ask if there is anything you can do to help them.
• Make sure you meet and look at the booths of those who are not in competition with you.
• Don’t close down early, unless there is absolutely nobody there!
• Connect your product with the geographical area the participants are coming from.
• Giveaway something weird or worthy! Give away a dinner with the President, an alligator or a trip!
51. Tradeshow 101
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 1. Place out going people in heavy traffic areas.
2. Have unique giveaways but also have vaulable drawings for trendy items (our latest trade show we had a drawing for an iPad).
3. Have a stategic plan. Our main goal is to capture attendess contact info. We want to do more than hand out our info.
4. Quality over quantity. While traffic is important, most attendees are not interested in your product. It's vital to seperate quality leads.
5. Fill your booth with experts who know their stuff.
52. Engage with Touch Screens
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: A well placed and designed touch screen with great content can be used as a tool for your sales team to demonstrate, highlight product features, provide technical information and more. The intuitive technology amazes the attendees, drawing them further into the booth, and encourages them to learn more. If you can't afford to buy, some places offer rentals. Showing a movie/powerpoint isn't enough anymore. Why watch a looping sales pitch when you can pick and choose what you want to learn about?
53. Promotions with Big Impact
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Top Trade Show Promotions:
1. A financial institution used a carpenter to craft a guitar. People returned to check his progress.
2. A truck rack manufacturer sponsored the World's Strongest Man competition to show the rack's strength. We had demo's and the crowd loved it.
3. Bake cookies - the scent will carry 4 aisles away.
4. Break through email noise by using SendOutCards to personalize invitations to your booth.
5. Set up a counter where you serve food so that prospects sit down.
54. Easy, Eye-Catching and Fun!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 1.Think outside the box. Find an aesthetic that represents you & articulate it through design
2.If hiring a designer isn’t an option, friends & fam are a great resource for ideas
3.Utilize color in a unique way. My palette is warm, but I call attention by throwing in unexpected accents
4.Fresh flowers make your space feel more luxurious. Buy at the flower district and arrange yourself
3. Use items that are easy to break down & you can still have a fantastic looking booth sans headache!
55. Big Details Matter
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: After making lots of rookie mistakes, I wrote down my lessons learned. I review the list prior to trade events since it is easy to forget. 1.Wear a name tag: people like knowing who you are, especially if you are the inventor. 2.Have shopping bags available for any on the spot purchases. 3.Provide a fun promotional item (include your website information). 4.Make sure your prices are easy to find. 5.Posters and pictures should be super-sized so people can actually see them in a large hall.
56. Stop Traffic!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: A trade booth is like a billboard or stop sign. You’ll have less than 5 seconds to grab a prospect's attention. Use minimal text--under 20 words). Use males and females; ensure staff is well versed in selling points. Avoid sitting and eating. Offer an incentive such as a raffle to increase traffic and build a database. Use only well-branded giveaways. What Smarti did: 1) Limited text/quick booth takeaway; 2) Engaging personnel; 3) Branded pocket giveaway 4) Beer keg; 5) Superhero character
57. 5 trade show booth tips
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Tips for a successful trade show booth
1. Messaging –Attendees are bombarded by messages at a show, limit the messages given at your booth.
2. Interactive –Have something for people to do, touch, smell or even taste.
3. Movement –Feature a presentation or demo on a wide-screen.
4. Lighting –Creative illumination creatively to attract visitors to your booth.
5. Color – Use splashes of coordinated colors to create a professional eye-catching look.
58. ROI is More Than Booth Bunnies
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: There are 5 steps to seeing ROI on the expensive tradeshow floor real estate you just purchased:
1. Tout Your Services- your signage should communicate the services you offer
2. Have an Educated Greeter- make eye contact & schedule meetings
3. Provide Meeting Space- sit down and conduct business meetings at your booth
4. Add Credibility- Show recent positive media coverage your company has received
5. Collect Business Cards- Make detailed notes, get a follow up meeting on the calendar!
59. brand thy booth!
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 5 tips so tradeshows translate to sales:
1)from booth imagery to giveaways, ensure booth presence is consistent with your website so customers immediately recognize the brand.
2)match your energy to the target audience. fitness industry? be alive! corporate clients? go professional.
3)give creative, yet useful giveaways that have a lasting impression.[body tape measure]
4)provide valuable offer to draw people in.[free personal trainer assessment]
5)never underestimate the power of a smile!
60. Tradeshow Managers' Advice
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: Have an ice sculpture made at your booth. Network and interact with the crowd that gathers to watch.
Give a sapling or seed packet. The growing plant will always provide the memory and link to the exhibitor.
Visit other areas of the exhibit floor. Attend sessions and get involved.
Identify who your ideal prospect is before attending the conference, review the attendee list, and then be proactive in pursuing them.
Raffles, contests, and bright colors attract foot traffic.
61. B to B Trade Show Secrets
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 1. Raffle: Everyone likes free stuff and they won’t mind stopping by and dropping off a business card
2. Visuals: Fancy booth or not, effectively placed colorful visuals help you stand out
3. Freebees: Cool giveaways create buzz during an event, but functional ones make you memorable even after the trade show
4. Less is more: Bring only the most essential collateral
5. Pre-show: Find the trade show’s social media vehicles (linkedin group/blog) and become an active participant
62. Openess Has - A Big impact !
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: eSutras Organics belives in simplicity in presentation at every level. Make your booth a 'sanctuary' at the trade show, with an open feel. People remember it when surrounded by activity. I always keep things to an absolute minimum..inside my booth, but have a nice banners, info material and a nice layout samples for trial and takeaway. In addition depending on the season I have FREE unique drinks (cold coffee, herbal tea etc) available. They linger at the booth and talk about it to others...!
63. Exhibit Consultant
Tradeshow Booth Secrets: 1. Think "Billboard" -- fast, positive, simple impression
2. Use lighting -- provides focus, delivers "drama"
3. Floor standing displays dominate table top displays
4. No chais/no sitting -- be ready to greet each attendee
5. Smile! Look and sound like you are eager to meet attendees