Why watching TV can help you get your products to celebrities!
Have you ever thought of watching TV as part of your job?
Well I never did either until many years ago my publicist asked me which TV shows I wanted to see my handbags on. I had to admit that I had no idea as I never thought to “watch” with that in mind! I had never even thought of that as a possibility to be honest…….
So I started to change the way I watched TV. I started to make lists of the shows and the actresses that I wanted to carry my bags. I even visualized it. It didn’t happen overnight or anything……Rome wasn’t built in a day agreed? But it did happen over the next few months…
Once you get an item on a TV show, you can use that to get better PR for yourself which can result in sales…..or use it to pitch directly to stores to get more sales.
So this is what I suggest you do to get things going on your end:
- Think about watching TV from a “who can use my product” frame of mind.
- Consider who can carry or wear your product.
- Perhaps you have a home décor item – consider where it can be used on the show.
- If you have a made-to-order type of business – how can you make them the “right” thing?
- If you are a service based professional – perhaps there is a show that relates to your industry and you can think about how to relate what you do to the character of a show.
Let me know which shows are on you’re “A” list!